Friday, January 8, 2010

EWS, Error 403, and IIS 6.0

When I tried to navigate to http://(mysite)/ews I got an HTTP error 403 with the message "The website declined to show this webpage". The details say "Internet Explorer is able to connect to the website, but Internet Explorer does not have permission to display the webpage..."

This reads to me like IIS is saying "I don't feel like showing you this page. Maybe tomorrow..."

Ugh. Thanks for being descriptive!

To fix this, all I had to do was go into IIS, navigate to the root for EWS, click Default Document --> Add... then type in "exchange.asmx" (no quotes).

Note that exchange.asmx redirects to services.wsdl, at least with my configuration.

Also, I probably didn't really need to do that to be able to use my Web Services, but hey. I didn't know that going in and when I see an error, I troubleshoot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment